Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Instant Messaging


I've had some experience with Instant Messenger. A few years ago I used Yahoo Messenger to keep in touch with family on occassion but after a while I started getting inappropriate messages from strangers and that soured me on the whole thing.

Setting up the AOL Express account went smoothly. I found three co-workers online and started messaging them right away. I found that trying to carry on three conversations at once was a bit much :) but it was a fun experience.

I don't really see this replacing other means of communication at work. A phone call or an email works just as well. Plus I go back and forth from my desk to the stacks to the front desk so much that if someone were expecting an immediate response through IM they might be disappointed.

No comments: